Jackpot City Casino is offering players from across the globe a number of different promotions based on their locations and the line-up is looking like a great deal of fun over the next few days…
UK based casino patrons will have the opportunity to be part of the Slot Gear promotion until the 30th of the month with the opportunity to win 60 free spins on the Halloweenies video slot. To enter simply deposit and wager 75 credits or more on one of the casinos online slot machines and you’ll be entered into the draw which takes place on the 1st of November.
Players based in Canada are currently able to participate in the Festival of Film promotion until the 31st of October. To qualify for this promotion, all players need to do is deposit and wager $50 or more and enter the competition. This will then qualify them for an entry into the lucky draw for a five day trip for a family of four to a famous Florida theme park! Winners will be announced on the 1st of November 2011.
Players residing in either Australia or New Zealand can also enjoy a dedicated promotion which offers the chance to win a share of $1000 to celebrate Australia’s biggest racing event with. This promotion is open until the 31st of October and players can qualify by depositing and wagering 50 credits or more on any of the casino’s pokies. They will then be entered into the lucky draw to win the prize.
There is always non-stop action at Jackpot City Casino, so no matter where in the world you are based, head on over and be a part of it!
When it comes to playing at casinos we often get asked if a player can make big money at a casino with a small bankroll and while the short answer to that question is “yes” but you’ll need the illusive lucky streak to do it. There’s no way to get around that or manufacture luck. Here we take a look at the various player strategies you may encounter when attempting to win big at the casinos on a shoestring budget and whether or not they actually work.
Some players advocate betting on low probability high payoff bets at table games. An example of this would be betting on a single number at roulette where the payoff is 35:1 which means you can make $350 for the risk of a mere $10. When playing on an American Roulette (or double zero) wheel these kinds of bets have a 2.6% chance of success, this means that over a period of 10 spins with a bankroll of $100 you have a 23% chance of winning once in the ten spins which will earn you anything from $260 to $3,500, that means you have a 77% chance of walking away empty handed in around 15 minutes.
Side or bonus bets on table games are another popular strategy amongst players, these types of bets usually pay 1:1 or a small multiple of the original bet which means that they don’t yield huge fortunes even over a longer winning streak but also never result in huge losses, just longer game play and enjoyment.
Other players prefer to play slots and believe that “feeding” the slot machine will lead to wealth. With the huge variation in coin sizes you can keep each bet at a comfortable value but you have to keep in mind that lower value bets do yield lower payout amounts and while there are the potential for huge jackpot wins that yield exponential return, these are rare. In general frequent, low value wins lead to lots of excitement and good entertainment value while keeping you hooked at the potential to win the jackpot that will change your life forever while the house edge slowly eats at your bankroll.
Then there is the approach of “Playing with the casino’s money” wherein you make large wagers with bonus money or previous casino earnings rather than your own money. To make use of a simplified example with a $100 stake you make $5 Pass bets at the Craps table, when you win you double the bet to $10 using your own $5 and the $5 you just won, if you win the next bet you’ll be $15 up and so on. If you lose on the first round though your balance will be $5 down and “Pass bets” only carry a 49.29% success rate which means continuing in a winning fashion on a consistent basis is highly unlikely. Also, always keep in mind that winnings at a casino when using bonus money do carry wagering requirements which will need to be met before they can be cashed out…so while you may theoretically be playing with casino money, converting it to your own may be more difficult than you think!
While many of these methods may prove to be effective with a stroke of luck, statistically however, none are the holy grail of betting strategies, so all you can hope for is that you’ll play the right game at the right time. Good luck!
Across the globe governments and anti-online gambling proponents fear that should online gambling be legalised that people will only gamble at home but according to gaming industry experts this fear is largely unfounded.
Tom Doyle, vice president and product management at Bally Technologies Inc. based in Las Vegas agrees with the experts, stating that casinos will be ready when internet gambling is legalised in the United States and that online casinos will only add to the overall experience. He further stated that there would always be people who wanted the live casino experience in a real casino and that free play online could actually enhance people’s land based game play.
Vahe Baloulian of eGaming Partners Inc. agrees, adding that online gaming aids land based casinos in retention and can even bring new clients to brick and mortar casino venues as online casinos help novice gamblers to acquaint themselves with various casino games, rules and strategies until they feel comfortable enough to put them into practice in actual casinos. He added that “Once people learn for free, then it trickles down to live games,” and that “We see it in Europe, where free play is used to teach players the game and then invite them to the casino.”
Baloulian is further of the opinion that there are several business models that casinos could employ to build brand recognition and connect with both existing and new players. The possibilities for driving players from free play online websites to actual casinos are endless.
Both Baloulian and Doyle as well as Jeff Jordan of Jordan Gaming Consulting Group LLC in Las Vegas, were panel members on the discussion of driving land based casino traffic via online gaming at the Global Gaming Expo which was held at The Sands Expo and Convention Centre this year.
Doyle stated that “gambling in Las Vegas continues to move beyond the casino floor” due to the fact that the Nevada gaming commission’s recent decision to allow wagering in the city’s hotel rooms via their mobile devices like iPads and smart phones.
So while the governing bodies continue to make excuses and arguments against online gambling, it would seem that many of these are unfounded. In addition it seems that the once hesitant land based casinos are now firmly behind online gambling so players are sure to reap the benefits of that going forward.