Derived from the rule that enables a blackjack player to double his bet after seeing the dealer’s face up Card, Double Attack Blackjack has become a very popular game and while the majority of online casinos offer variants of this game, Playtech has recently released a version that is more entertaining and exciting than all of the others combined.
Playtech’s Double Attack Blackjack utilises eight Spanish decks (each consisting of 48 cards). For those who are not aware, Spanish Card decks contain no ten cards at all. Once you have placed your initial wager a single dealer card is dealt facing upwards in plain view. At this point, the player cards are not yet dealt and based on the dealer’s face up card; you have the option to place an added Double Attack bet up to the value of the initial wager. After you’ve made your choice on whether or not to place a Double Attack bet you first to cards will be dealt facing upwards while the dealer’s second card is dealt facing downwards and the game continues in the same way as standard Blackjack does.
Detailed rules of this game are available in the Help file in the Menu section of your player dashboard and it is advised that you read these before player but here are a few of the most important rules to keep in mind when playing Blackjack Double Attack:
- Split hand wagering totals are equal to the sum of both the initial and Double Attack wagers.
- You may only double the first bet and the Double Attack bet.
- Dealer checks for blackjack.
- If the dealer holds an Ace as his/her face up card, insurance will be offered before checking for blackjack.
- You may surrender after hitting, doubling or splitting but not after opting to “stand’
- If you place a Double Attack wager against an Ace or Face Card you will only lose your initial wager if the dealer holds blackjack.
As can be expected from game variations with changes in standard rules, payouts are also altered as follows:
- Player win (including blackjack win) pays out at even money
- Insurance Bet pays 5:2
Playtech’s Double Attack Blackjack also offers the very exciting Bust It side bet feature which is an optional bet but has to be placed at the beginning of each hand with the initial wager in the primary game. The Bust It Side Bet works as follows:
- You have to be participating in the main game to place this bet.
- This bet pays out if the dealer busts with exactly 3 cards.
- In order to fulfil and settle this bet, the dealer draws a third card even if you have busted or hold blackjack.
- You can win with the Bust It bet even if you lost in the primary game.
As you can see from the above, Playtech’s exciting version of Double Attack Blackjack is packed with action and possible rewards. So if you’re a blackjack fan in the mood for a change, why not play it at Europa Casino now!
To enhance your blackjack experience and improve your chances of making money when you play, check out our winning blackjack tips.