In the broad spectrum of playing the game of Roulette, you can place wagers on Inside Bets and Outside Bets. Inside bets are those bets made on any of the actual numbers on the roulette table. Outside bets are those made in the boxes surrounding the numbers on the roulette table.
- Straight Bet – a bet on a single number on the Roulette table. The payoff is 35:1.
- Split Bet -a bet on 2 numbers at once. The payoff is 17:1, exactly half of a Straight bet.
- Line Bet, a.k.a. Street Bet – a bet on 3 numbers at once. The payoff is 11:1, roughly 1/3 of a Straight bet. An example of a street bet is a bet on the numbers 16, 17, and 18.
- Corner Bet, a.k.a. Quad bet – a bet on 4 numbers at once. The payoff is 8:1, roughly 1/4 of a Straight bet.
- Basket Bet – a bet on 5 numbers at once. You can only make this bet in American Roulette, which has a 0 and 00 on the roulette table. It is essentially a bet on 0,00,1,2,3 and pays off at 6:1. It is known as the worst bet in Roulette, because the house edge automatically goes up to 7.89% with this bet.
- Double Street Bet – a bet on 6 numbers at once. The payoff is 5:1, roughly 1/5 of a Straight bet.
- Red, Black, Odd, and Even bets. The payoff is 1:1 or even money.
- Dozens Bet – a bet on 12 consecutive numbers. The payoff is 2:1, roughly 1/12 of a Straight bet. In American Roulette, you lose if the ball lands on 00 (double zero).
- Column Bet – a bet on 12 numbers. Unlike the Dozens bet, you do not bet on 12 consecutive numbers. Instead, you place your bet in 1 of the 3 columns on the roulette table. An example of a Column bet would be 1,4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34. The payoff is 2:1 just like the Dozens bet.
It is advisable to place bets on those numbers that have a higher payoff. Although some bets look attractive, you may not get the best results if you choose them. More Roulette tips are available now.